Friday, June 26, 2015

In Memory Of My Horse : Protocols & Peace

JUNE 26    SINCE TIME BEGAN    2015 ADE

Ralph Goodwin <goodwinglobalcentre@gmail.com>Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:57 AM

To: roger@xenigwetin.ca

Cc: Kwa'mutsun Nation State <kwamutsunnationstate@gmail.com>

HRMcompact@gmail.com
I have asked my Elder for advice on a matter of a stolen horse : It was a long time ago, but, my horse was taken from my pasture in the dead of night. I loved this horse; and, I knew every breathing moment of its grand manners and habits. And, I remember fondly the smell of its flowing mane and tail hairs ... They sang in the wind as he would race across the pastures ... so free and so proud of his duties and responsibilities ... So, today I have received a visit from a man who says that he has good horse hair from which I may now make a good blanket for warmth in my old age - when my bones now call out with memories of how hard that my life has been ... And, I took the time to examine these horse hairs with great interest ... It was as I brushed them against my old cheek bones that I suddenly was taken upon by a strangeness ... a whisper of winds and fields now past ... but, still strong in my thoughts ... And, it then became clear to me that I was breathing these memories from the hairs of my long lost horse ... Now, it has come to me that I must seek the good counsel of my Elder on what to do ... I know that this young man, who has come to sell me these good horse hairs would not have been alive yet when my horse disappeared in that darkness so many years ago ... But, here he is with a proposed sale that I am bewildered by concerning his right to ask me to now pay for something that I need; but, yet, is truly originally mine ... I am not sure ... I am old, and getting colder ... I need the blanket ... Yet, am I about to remain cold because of a principle ??? ... I am as yet not sure ... I am certain that my Elder will help me here ...

huy'ch'qu'  :respectfully :
Ralph Charles Goodwin / SQYX